Thursday, July 5, 2012

Feeling Family

I guess have to be totally honest.  The green monster is rearing his ugly head.  I enjoyed seeing pictures and reading about people's July 4th festivities, but it makes me long for family more and more.  I think it hit me even more this year because my oldest daughter is away for the week with a friend.  I guess this is the first "holiday" we've been apart.  We still did fireworks and grilled hamburgers and brats, but it just wasn't the same.  I long for family gatherings.  So many of my friends in town have family here or very near...at least in a short driving distance.  I envy them.  Not in a bad way.  I really am happy for them.  I wouldn't wish the opposite on them.  I am praying that God will find ways for us to spend time with family more often.  I often wonder why we live so far away.   Some people don't want to be near their families.  Others do.  Life would be a lot easier if it worked out for each side the way they wished.

In the meantime I will be thankful for the times I do have and cherish them.  They don't come often enough.  I try not to be envious of people who have money to travel as they please.  I know people who are retired and are able to travel at their leisure to visit family and places of interest.  I hope people do not take that for granted.  I hope people appreciate the nearness of family.  Time passes so quickly.  I feel jipped out of time with my family.  I know that God knows best and has a plan.  I will continue to trust in this truth.  


No comments: