Sunday, December 28, 2008

Say WHAT?

Grammar is a tough subject. We all make grammatical errors on a daily basis. It is a given fact that every single time I use improper grammar my Mother will not let the conversation continue (overlooking my error), but instead, will immediately correct the mistake that I knew I made the minute I made it!!!! No mercy!!! haha

It's not the little things that bother me....it's the BIG ONES. When you are typing something it's bad enough that you don't recognize it, but to think that people actually might say some of the things they write and think they are correct astounds me.

I was reading a blog the other day and someone said, "Keith and I's anniversary was this week."

I's ???? Would someone actually SAY "I's"? Ridiculous.

Before you go saying something about my own grammar mistakes, I admit I make them daily....hourly.....in haste of typing, writing, etc...I am the world's worse when it comes to sentence structure in writing. That's why I use so many...............when I'm typing.....
When I type, I am writing as if I were speaking to a friend......I pause.......think......and continue.
It works for I....oh, I mean ME! (just kidding, couldn't resist)

So, the next time you are talking about yourself.....think before you use "I"....and please...please....please....don't put an apostrophe 's' after it.......

I's get really irritated when that happens.

No comments: