Wednesday, September 3, 2008

My Bonus Baby.....




She's my bonus baby. While I was rocking my 3 month old first-born, trying to learn the ropes of motherhood, I woke up one morning to find out that I was expecting my second! Shocked, scared, confused.....so many emotions come to mind.

Two in diapers, two in cribs, and eventually TWO IN COLLEGE at the same time. Needless to say, I was pretty overwhelmed.

This brown-haired, brown-eyed baby doll entered the world screaming, and screamed for six straight months! I wondered if she would ever stop. Finally, around six months old, she woke up one day and decided to be happy! It was a glorious day!

This baby that came to us unplanned and unexpected has captured our hearts beyond explanation. She is funny, smart, talented, intuitive, and scares me to death!  She figures things out without help. She will often sit back and quietly listen to things we are discussing with her sister.  When we question her sister on her homework, this second child will answer before her sister has a chance to process the question. Now...that could be because the older sister is too busy thinking about "more important" things......like fun and play!

Our beautiful bonus baby has music in her blood. She plays the violin and LOVES to be on stage. She will begin ballet lessons this year and can't wait to dance and put on those ballet slippers. She can do a mean "Ariel" while singing in the shower! Her rendition of "Part of Your World" is dazzling to say the least! She is quite the little performer....even behind the shower curtain.

This second child of ours will not be messed with. She has quickly figured out that being #2 sister has it's perks and has it's drawbacks. So, to insure her rightful place, she has turned into quite the bossy little thing! We are working on this daily. Sadly, the blonde child is such a pleaser that she often let's her boss her around.

My bonus baby.......she keeps me on my toes!

She gives the best hugs!

She is learning to please God and to ask his forgiveness when she does things that do not honor and please Him. It is starting to REALLY matter to her. It is such a blessing to watch her grow spiritually and in her relationship with Jesus.

I love her.

I like her.

She makes me laugh.

I wouldn't trade this "BONUS" for all the money in the world!

1 comment:

Crackerz said...

I loved reading about your beautiful girls! They are precious!