Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Giving God Credit

My youngest who was pictured in the previous post was confused as she brought me her homework assignment sheet from school. The conversation went something like this:

J: "Why did my teacher type NO HOMEWORK in both Wednesday's box and
Friday's box?"

Mom: "Well, your teacher goes to church on Wednesday nights, too, and I guess she is
thinking that homework on Wednesday nights might be a little rough on some families."

J: "You mean......we don't have homework on Wednesdays or Fridays?"Mom: "That's right."
J: (with her hands in the air....) "The Lord has freed me!"
Sure makes a Mama proud that she's giving God the credit!!! haha


To tell the truth, I did an inward high five to the teacher. What a relief. Wednesdays are TOUGH. One less child with homework to try and rush through late after church is better than both!

In everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:18

1 comment:

The O'Herns said...

That is so funny!!! Thank you God for your freedom!! Love, Amy