Saturday, August 23, 2008

If you can't beat'em...

It has often been said..."If you can't beat'em....join'em"....so here I go.

I have thought many times that this blogging thing would fade out and people would find something else to do with their time....like read a book. I do like to read. I actually love reading any spare minute I get. But I have recently taken to reading a few blogs on a regular basis and realized while doing it that it has become a daily habit. I don't know if this is a good thing yet or not...only time will tell. I don't know if anyone will ever read this or cares to, but I'm going to do it anyway so I can add another knotch on my "trying to be techy" to-do list.

I guess some people would say that blogging is for chatty people. Well I guess I fit that description, though sometimes I talk so much during the day that by the time I get home I don't really want to talk anymore. Typing seems like a much better option. Your mind is filled with things and if you don't want to say them out loud, "blogging" them out of your mind sounds like a great alternative. 

So some may ask why the blog is called "Planting Daisies"......well my Mother always said that you can plant daisies wherever you are, meaning that no matter your circumstances, no matter your physical location, no matter how bad things may seem to you at the time...planting daisies makes things seem a little better, a little more like "home" and it helps your spirit.

So...I'm planting daisies where I am these days.

It helps.

Mother is always right.

2 comments:

The O'Herns said...

Welcome and let's see some pictures!! Love, Amy

bcole said...

Ain't it the truth. The daisies make the lawn look better too. Welcome blogworld.
Bill