Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Could it get any worse?

It rained 40 days and 40 nights.  Well, not really, but it has rained so much that we are really experiencing flooding all over town. We arrived at school today and had to take off our shoes in order to WADE (no exaggeration) down the sidewalk. The RIVER that stood in front of my building was the next obstacle and therefore we remained barefoot. Once I deposited the children in their proper places, I went down to my classroom and began to prepare for the day. I didn't have a class first period. I did, however, have a meeting.....one of MANY that I seem to have in any given day.  I was trying to  go over a Teacher Improvement Plan with one of my teachers, discussing their steps for working on their goals, all to the percussion of the DOWNPOUR from the sky. Seemed like a squall! Then, as if it couldn't get any worse, the FIRE ALARM GOES OFF unexpectedly and the entire school has to be evacuated to wait on the fire truck....

yes.......in the DOWNPOUR! There stood all the students completely soaked all the way to their underwear, I'm sure. Can't you just picture the chaos?

And no, we never did find out why.

The students returned to class and the teachers tried to gain some sort of control again while the weather kept getting worse. About the time we thought we might be back on track.....there was a tornado warning.  Unbelievable.

So......do we take the students out in the weather for the fire drill, or put them on the floor in the building for the tornado!!!??? In or out? Or as our Head of School says, "Burn or blow?"


So...."welcome back to school".  My oldest is coughing, sneezing, and can barely talk for the hoarseness. My husband is sick.  My youngest is getting over the coughing and sneezing.

I'm tired.

Is it Christmas yet?

No comments: